Madeley Wood Meeting House / Sunday School (Grade II)

Built in 1777 by Reverend John Fletcher, vicar of Madeley to serve as a chapel and a Sunday School which would cater for the spiritual and social needs of his flock. John Wesley preached there in 1779. It ceased to be a chapel in 1837 but continued to act as a Sunday School. From 1853 it was used as a day school as well.

Back to top ↟